Friday, August 14, 2015

It's finished, it's finished!!

And I'm super excited!!!

My Sherlock sampler is finally finally done, and while there is one specific thing I'd do differently, overall, I'm terribly pleased with how it turned out.

Here is the whole thing:

All the text comes from the show and are either popular quotes or ones I find particularly amusing.

It took me three or four weeks to created the pattern itself. There was a lot of erasing as I moved things around for optimal placement or to move things one or two stitches to the right, the left, up or down or to fix a mistake. Then it took another two months or so to complete it, although I did not work on it on a daily basis. I already have a frame for it, although I do need to buy a mat for it. More pictures to come, once it's framed and on the wall.


Unknown said...

Looks great! I love to cross-stitch, but haven't been able to much lately. Here's hoping I can pick it back up again!

Anonymous said...

Jen, that is fantastic! I remember when you first showed me the graph, how you were still moving stitches around, noting white space, and telling me what some of the 'quotes' were about. Super designer -- and stitcher. Congratulations!!


Jen FitzGerald said...

Thanks, ladies. I can't wait to get it framed and up on my wall.

Lara, you don't realize just how much you miss something until you do it again. I'm glad I made a point to get back to it. Hope baby is doing well.